Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Once in a while you do get lucky...

On the first day of autumn, my friend Mahesh and I hied ourselves over to Discovery Park in Seattle to catch the sunset at the West Point lighthouse there.  Very fortuitously, a fellow on a board, steadying and propelling himself along with a long pole, came floating into my viewfinder just as I was framing my composition.  His silhouette reminds me of figures I've seen painted on the tomb walls of the Egyptian pharaohs.  Although the size of his image in the photo is very small, the contribution it makes to the overall interest of the scene is large.

West Point Lighthouse, Discovery Park, Seattle, Canon 450D w/Tokina 11-16mm lens @12mm

4 comments:

  1. Really cool big-sky shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very nice, Mike. What lens did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jerry, I used a Tamron 11-16mm lens at 12mm on a Canon 450D.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Wish I was there. :)

    ReplyDelete

  Long Beach Peninsula/Cape Disappointment, Washington Cape Disappointment Lighthouse at twilight Beards Hollow Beach North Head Light Dead ...