Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunset at Picnic Point

I'm always looking for "secret" locations in my local (Seattle) area for photography.  So, yesterday, as it appeared form the weather forecast that there was the possibility of a nice sunset, I googled a map of the Puget Sound region and looked for some west-facing park near Seattle that I had never visited. I spotted Picnic Point Park (which I had never heard of before) on the shore of Puget Sound in Edmonds, a bit north of Seattle, and the photo below is the result of that little excursion. So if you're looking for new shooting locations in your local area, breaking out a map is very helpful in finding some less-visited places that might yield some nice images.

Sunset at Picnic Point, Edmonds, Washington; Sony a55 w/Zeiss 16-80mm lens @ 16mm
(click on the image for a larger view)

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love the way the clouds seem to converge on the v-shaped driftwood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Grant and Kaptain, I appreciate your comments.

    ReplyDelete

  Long Beach Peninsula/Cape Disappointment, Washington Cape Disappointment Lighthouse at twilight Beards Hollow Beach North Head Light Dead ...